FEATool Multiphysics 1.12 with built-in SU2 CFD Solver Interface
FEATool Multiphysics™ version 1.12 introduces a dedicated
built-in solver interface for the SU2 Computational Fluid Dynamics
(CFD) solver, updated 3D geometry modeling engine and CAD support, and
improved 3D mesh generation.
Precise Simulation, provider of unique software solutions for multi-physics and multi-simulation, modeling, and CAE simulation app design, announces the latest version of its FEATool Multiphysics software suite.
In addition to the existing solver integrations for OpenFOAM®, FEniCS, and FEATool and MATLAB®, version 1.12 now also features built-in support for the SU2 CFD solver. The unique multi-simulation feature of FEATool allows users to easily set up and run multiphysics and CFD simulations within one easy GUI and CLI interface. This allows one to try and compare different solvers for the same problem with one-click, saving users time and work from learning the intricacies and formats of different solver codes.
SU2 CFD Solver Interface
In addition to the existing built-in multi-physics PDE and FEA solver, and fully featured interfaces to the FEniCS and OpenFOAM solvers, FEATool v1.12 now also comes full integration with the popular SU2 CFD solver. Along with OpenFOAM, SU2 is one of the most popular academic research and open-source CFD solvers. The SU2 code was initially developed at Stanford University for compressible flows and aerodynamic shape optimization and but has been extended to handle a wide range of flow problems.
The new SU2 GUI and MATLAB CLI CFD interfaces now allows users to conveniently model both laminar and fully turbulent incompressible Navier-Stokes CFD problems all within an easy to use graphical user interface (GUI). The integrated FEATool-SU2 interface features
- Built-in geometry and CAD tools
- FEATool Multiphysics to SU2 configuration (.cfg) and mesh (.su2) file conversion
- SU2 solver selection and settings
- SU2 to MATLAB and FEATool solution interpolation and import
- Postprocessing and visualization for CFD applications
As with all the FEATool MATLAB GUI functionality, models can also be saved and exported as m-file CLI functions whereby custom scripting and support for all MATLAB functions and toolboxes is supported.
With the added support for the SU2 solver, as well as OpenFOAM and FEniCS, high-performance multiphysics, multi-simulation, and CFD modeling can now be all be conveniently done within an easy to use and self contained software interface without having to learn how the solvers work, and allows model verification by using several independent solvers on the same problem.
Updated 3D Geometry Engine
The new dedicated 3D geometry engine in FEATool v1.12 has been upgraded and significantly improved to better handle constructive solid geometry (CSG) operations, and to fully support geometry import, export, conversion, and mesh generation from STEP, IGES, STL, OBJ, and BREP 3D CAD formats.
Furthermore, it is also possible to export geometries, grids, and simulation results to fully interactive ParaView Glance and Plotly web browser plots.
Highlights in Version 1.12
- New SU2 CFD solver with built-in GUI and CLI interfaces
- Built-in algebraic turbulence model for Navier-Stokes physics mode
- Support for several OpenFOAM turbulence model variants (Spalart-Allmaras, k-epsilon (RNG and realizable), and k-omega (SST))
- New BREP based 3D CAD engine with support for BREP, IGES, OBJ, STEP, and STL CAD format import, export, and conversion
- Support for boundary layer generation with Gmsh
- Improved 3D postprocessing performance
- Built-in support for ParaView Glance web plot export
- New step-by-step tutorials for deriving and using algebraic turbulence models, performance of a thermal bridge in bulding construction, coupled magnetostatic forces and stress in a solenoid, and many more
- A dedicated discussion and user forum for multi-physics modeling is also available at forum.featool.com
Precise Simulation products and FEATool Multiphysics are supported on the Windows®, Linux®, and macOS operating systems, and is available as a MATLAB® Add-On and fully interactive physics simulation toolbox (with one-click installation directly from the MATLAB® Add-Ons Toolbar).
About Precise Simulation
Precise Simulation, founded in 2013, is a dedicated provider of simulation software for product design, virtual prototyping, and research to technical enterprises and research labs in industry and academia. The unique FEATool Multiphysics™ product is a fully integrated simulation software platform for creating virtual models and apps based on physical phenomena. A particular strength is its ability to account for coupled physics phenomena and fully integrate many types of multi-physics solvers. FEATool Multiphysics is a complete simulation platform for fluid flow, heat transfer, structural, electromagnetics acoustics, and chemical engineering applications. Built-in interfaces enable the integration of FEATool Multiphysics with MATLAB®, physics solvers, CAD, and CAE tools. Simulation experts rely on FEATool Multiphsyics to design and develop physics based models and results to their teams, manufacturing departments, test laboratories, and customers throughout the world.
Precise Simulation, FEATool Multiphysics, and CFDTool are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Precise Simulation Ltd.