“FEATool Multiphysics is widely used and recommended by leading research institutes and companies worldwide!”
“Very affordable, and fast and easy to get results!”
- Ralph Meyer, EngTech Consulting
Frequently Asked Questions(Click to expand)
What advantages does FEATool offer compared to other CAE software?
Firstly, FEATool is one of the easiest to use physics simulation software available, as it has been specifically designed with usability in mind. You can get productive making your own simulations with FEATool in minutes, without having to work through extensive documentation, courses and tutorials, as often is necessary with other software.
Moreover, FEATool uniquely offers the capability to interchangeably use multiple physics solvers, such as the built-in multiphysics solver, FEniCS, OpenFOAM, and SU2. You only have to set up and define your model once, and can then seamlessly use all compatible physics solvers to solve the model.
Lastly, FEATool is very powerful in that it is fully programmable and scriptable. Simulation models can be directly exported and run as equivalent MATLAB and Python scripts. Which also can be further customized and modified, with native integration with MATLAB toolboxes and Python libraries.
Can your software simulate and model "X"?
The toolboxes and physics solvers are generally designed to be able to solve most systems of coupled partial differential equations (PDE). Some of the more common equations and boundary conditions, such as for heat transfer, fluid flow, linear elasticity etc., have already conveniently been pre-defined (see the list of pre-defined physics modes).
If the problem "X" you wish to model is currently not available among the pre-defined ones, and you know the governing (PDE) equations of your problem, it is generally possible to either modify the existing physics modes or implement your model as a custom equation. How difficult and how much extra work it will require to implement model "X" typically depends on how complex it is and how much it differs from the already available models and equations.
Can you give me an example, model, or tutorial to simulate "X"?
Please understand that, Precise Simulation, as the developer of these toolboxes is fully committed to making it easy for you to use state-of-the-art physics simulation tools. However, being a very small and niche software developer we don't have the resources of bigger firms, and can therefore generally not provide custom examples and tutorials for all types of simulation problems. That said, in general most types of PDE based problems can be simulated with the toolboxes. The currently available learning, example, and modeling resources are the followinguser community and discussion forum.
How does the online purchasing process work?
Online credit card payments are processed securely by Stripe and charged in Hong Kong Dollars (HKD). After an online payment has been successfully processed your web-browser will automatically be forwarded to a new web-page where you will find an activation code and instructions for activating all software features (please do not press the back button, change, or close the page during the purchasing process). After the purchase you will also receive a receipt to your email address (sample online purchase receipt).
Can we purchase by quotation, purchase order, and invoice?
Yes, academic and commercial licenses are also available to purchase via invoice in major currencies (USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CNY, and HKD). If you wish to initiate a purchase, please with the following information
- Name and contact details
- Purchasing company/institute and address
- Toolbox (FEATool/CFDTool), license type
- 1 Year (software only)
- Perpetual (software only)
- Perpetual (with technical support)
Note that personal licenses are not currently available to purchase via invoice (only through online direct purchasing, sample online purchase receipt).
What is a perpetual license and how does it work?
In contrast to a time limited license which stops working after one year, a perpetual license allows you to use the software perpetually (forever).
In order to fund continuing costs of development, software maintenance, and technical support an optional 20% maintenance fee is charged after the first year for access to updates and/or support. Note that this is entirely optional, and you can always continue to use the last valid version that your license was eligible for.
For how long do I get updates and/or technical support?
- Time limited (1 year) licenses include all updates for the duration of the license.
- Perpetual (non-expiring) licenses include all updates for 1 year (and technical support where applicable), after which the update and/or support maintenance contact can optionally be extended for 20% of the current license price per additional year. Please
What technical support options do you offer?
The level of technical support available depends on the chosen license type
- 1 Year/Perpetual software only license - support limited to the public user community and discussion forum. The forum is primarily thought to be users to be able help each other, but the developer sometimes also answers questions.
- Perpetual license including support - dedicated developer support per email, with resolution, advice and software fixes within 24h whenever possible (depending on the severity and nature of the issue). This includes questions on usage, technical issues and bugs, and modeling questions (with available/existing functionality).
- Custom licensing option - questions, issues, custom features or models that require extensive implementation work or research are handled as a , where we can dedicate ourselves to really make your modeling and simulations a win for you.
Please see the FAQ for more types of frequently asked questions.
Custom multiphysics simulation applications with easy to use GUIs can be built and delivered quickly and cost effectively for both internal use and for your own clients.
Teaching & Instruction
Remote and on-site personalized one-on-one or group training and instruction for mathematical modeling, multi-physics, FEA, and CFD simulations is available for both industry and academia.
With decades of experience developing physics simulation software, and an adaptable simulation framework, we can offer you completely customized simulations for most applications with very quick turn around times.